Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 25 - Greatness of God - Fasting Day

Yesterday I discovered that exercising is so much funner for me if I made up my own workout and danced to Indian music. From all of the workouts I've done, it wasn't too hard. What a workout! I couldn't stop because I was having sooooo much fun. Who knew? Some people like to run. Some like to swim. I like to do Indian dances. This is my second week of working out 5 times a week. The scale's not much of a help so I've decided to only look at it once a week. Also, building muscle sometimes adds weight. So far I've lost about 7 pounds since day 1. Eating is going very well with me only slipping once this week by overeating at a restaurant. God convicted me and helped me to obey him right away. Since I'm eating less my stomach is smaller so even eating less than I normally would in the past is too much food for me. Now I'm beginning with eating half a meal and waiting some time before deciding to eat more. It's hard listening to my body to know when it's satisfied. I feel better. I feel more energetic. And when I do my freestyle Indian dances, it's so good for my spirit too. The first time I did it yesterday I couldn't stop praising God for the ability to have so much fun dancing.

Praise God you are doing wonderful things. Today is a fast day and it has been going so well. Thank you Lord!
___________

Today's Lesson was about the Greatness of God (Isaiah 40). God is so amazing! How can I put myself above him? I can see how foolish it is to try to tell God what to do or to try to put something or someone above him. No one else deserves the praise and awe and fear of God. No one and nothing else is qualified to be put above him. God is powerful. God is willing to give us strength. God is loving and caring and tender. God is vast and unable to fully grasp. God desires my praise and trust of him. God has no equal. God is completely in control of every detail. God is wise and all knowing. God is creator of all. At the end of the lesson, when asked how knowing God's greatness will affect my life I wrote:
It puts things back in perspective for me. First of all, it puts me in my place. I am insignificant compared to God. Whatever false ideas and thoughts that I have of my own greatness and worthiness are wrong. Living to please my flesh and putting myself before God is ridiculous. Second, it shows me that God is bigger than my sin. I often think I won't make it. That maybe my sin is just too deeply embedded in my heart and I'm just trapped. God is showing me that he is more than capable of freeing me from my sin and that nothing is too big for him. Finally, this just all shows me the greatness of God and why he's worthy to be praised and worthy to be number one in my life.

This song by Gungor really spoke to me today and does a great job of describing how amazing God is.


No comments:

Post a Comment